January 24, 2013
The Vale of White Horse has refused planning permission for 160 dwellings on a field South of Abingdon.
Grounds for refusal included:
1. It is outside the provisions of the approved local plan.
2. It would generate additional traffic in an area already at capacity.
3. It would lead to loss of the rural aspect of the area.
4. It would generate more sewage in an area already at capacity.
5. The developers have not even entered into discussions about social housing and help towards highway measures etc. .
Around 200 people have written in response to the planning application, the vast majority are against.
The developers, Hallam Land Management Ltd, may still appeal.
Filed under: building work